How long does speech treatment take?
The length of speech treatment varies on several factors, including:
- age, speech disorder severity
- underlying medical condition
- frequency of therapy
Some childhood speech abnormalities improve with age, while others persist until adulthood and require ongoing therapy.
Communication problems caused by a stroke or other medical condition may improve with therapy.
How does speech therapy work?
An SLP will assess the communication issue and choose the best treatment option.
Depending on the speech impairment, your child’s speech treatment may be classroom, small group, or one-on-one. It depends on your child’s disease, age, and demands. During child speech therapy, the SLP may engage in talking, playing, and utilizing books, drawings, and other items as part of language intervention model age-appropriate sounds and phrases suitable play to teach particular sounds, and may teach the kid and parent/caregiver how to undertake speech therapy at home
What can Pine Cone Therapies do for my Dallas, TX child?
Pine Cone Therapies, LLC is a leading provider of early intervention Applied Behavior Analysis (ABA) and speech therapy. Our clinicians are devoted to helping children with Autism Spectrum Disorder. We have practiced in Dallas-Fort Worth for over a decade.
Whether you or your loved one experiences communication or behavior difficulties, you will find the help you are seeking with the Pine Cone Therapies team.
- Full-Time Early Intervention Programs for Children starting at 18 months.
- Center-Based Treatment Plans Designed Around Your Child’s Needs
- After school sessions available. Autism, speech, communication, and/or behavior challenges create big obstacles for our loved ones and friends, but help is available.
- Our talented staff provides caring, compassionate, and individualized therapies.