We are the #1 social skills therapy provider for kids on the autism spectrum (ASD) in Southlake, TX. Many kids with ASD need help in learning how to act in different types of social situations. Children who receive Applied Behavior Analysis (ABA) therapy can achieve the social skill acquisition they’ll need to succeed, both in the classroom and in their personal life.
Often times, the desire to interact with others is present, however the skills needed to interact are not. Our social skills therapy groups for kids with ASD are dedicated to developing skills that can help enhance participation in a group, build friendships and support overall happiness.
At Pine Cone Therapies, we focus on helping kids with ASD learn and practice activities that promote cooperation and partnerships, foster self-awareness and self-esteem. If you have any questions about our program give us a call today at 817-442-9022.
We are a Social Skill Building ABA Program
Our ABA social skills class in Southlake, TX helps replace undesirable behaviors with desired ones, and to teach important skills to our participants. For instance, your child’s therapist may recommend enrolling him or her in a In an ABA therapy group children interact with their peers in an environment that is carefully monitored and facilitated by the therapist.
After the therapist teaches a social skill to the child, such as initiating a conversation or taking turns, the child has the opportunity to master that skill through practice with his or her peers.
The therapist in an ABA social skills group works to break down specific complex social skills. These skills can include taking turns, conversation, sharing, understanding facial expressions, tone of voice, joining a group, working with others towards a common goal, and more. Our small class sizes allows for the development of friendships and teach skills necessary for the inclusion into classrooms and communities.
A comprehensive curriculum based on key elements of teaching social skills to students with ASD includes:
- Imitating simple and complex actions of peers (both from close up and from a distance)
- Taking turns with toys and simple games
- Imitating peer play
- Requesting items from peers
- Reciprocating greetings with peers
- School readiness skills (e.g., attending, waiting, transitioning, complying, following group instructions, raising hand, etc.)
- Giving and receiving items from peers
- Following peers’ directions
- Tolerating toys being shared
Southlake, TX ABA Clinicians
If you are looking for social skills practice taught by ABA professionals in Southlake, TX you’ve found the right place. Treatment is based in the natural environment and is carried out by our trained, exceptional registered behavior therapists (RBT’s) and supervised by our board certified behavior analysts (BCBAs).
ABA services can be helpful for anyone who experiences one or more of the following issues:
- Demonstrated self-stimulatory behavior (flapping, rocking, scripting television shows)
- Requires extra help in academic skills
- Exhibits moderate problem behaviors (screaming, non-compliance)
- Has severe problem behaviors (aggression, self-injury, property destruction)
- Limited social skills (lack of interest in peers, trouble making friends)
- Limited daily living skills (dressing, eating, toileting)
- Deficits in language skills
- Difficulty carrying on a conversation
Quality ABA Social Skills Program
A quality ABA like Pine Cone Therapies looks at each learner holistically and focuses on all areas that are an important part of the child’s development. Pine Cone Therapies ensures that all needed skills are targeted and taught in developmentally appropriate ways, using empirically validated methods.
To get started, visit our “Get Started” page here: https://pineconetherapies.com/get-started/
Or you can find all of our locations here: https://pineconetherapies.com/location/
Questions? Contact us by calling 817-442-9022 or complete the contact form here: https://pineconetherapies.com/contact/