Signs and Symptoms of Autism for Southlake, TX Families
Autism Signs in Children Include:
- ignoring their name
- avoidance of gaze
- not smiling at you
- dislike a certain flavor, smell, or sound.
- repeated actions such flapping hands, finger flicking, or body rocking
- not as talkative as other kids
- reusing phrases
- not understanding others’ thoughts or feelings
- unable to express feelings
- dislike a change in regular routine
- a strong passion for various topics or activities
- refusing to do anything when asked.
- unable to establish acquaintances or preferring solitude
- They may not understand expressions like “break a leg”
Autism can vary across genders. Girls with autism, for example, may be quieter, suppress their feelings, and appear more socially adept.
Autism is harder to detect in girls.
Looking for treatment options?
We are the primer ABA therapy provider in Southlake, TX. ABA, or Applied Behavior Analysis, is behavioral management approach that is based on science. ABA therapy can bring about significant, measurable change by utilizing basic principles of behavior, special techniques and positive reinforcement.
ABA has been proven to improve attention, focus, social skills and memory, as well as decrease behaviors such as noncompliance, aggression, self-harm. ABA is a way to shape and mold actions for effective communication and learning.
Autism Therapy Provider (ABA) in Southlake, TX
Our ABA providers in Southlake, TX are credentialed as board-certified behavior analysts (BCBA’s) or registered behavioral technicians (RBT’s).
Our ABA treatment professionals use ABA to implement change in our program participants. Generally, this consists of breaking down activities into smaller pieces in order to tackle larger goals.
We utilize applied behavior analysis (ABA) therapy, tailored specifically to the unique needs, behavior, and personality of your child.
Our services in Southlake, TX can help your child:
- Build language and communication skills
- Develop social skills
- Increase flexibility and tolerance for changes in routines
- Decrease or even eliminate anger, meltdowns, eating issues, and other problematic behaviors
- Prepare for and succeed in school
Our ABA Treatment Center Location in Southlake
Pine Cone Therapies, Southlake
2104 Greenbriar Dr.
Southlake, TX 76092
We have ABA clinics available in Southlake, Keller and Missouri City. Our transitional school, Pine Cone Prep Academy is in Missouri City. We also serve the Houston, Ft. Worth, and Dallas areas. If you have any questions or inquiries please feel free to contact us.